Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil – 5/19/2018 – 7:45 PM
- Paulo Vannuchi, Lula’s ex-Minister of Human Rights, and Nilma Lino Gomes, Dilma Rousseff’s ex-Minister of Women, Racial Equality and Human Rights participated this Saturday in the traditional “Good Morning” yell to Lula. They spoke about the creation of a Human Rights delegation to denounce to the world the cruel treatment and the lack of respect for democracy, for individual rights and human dignity of the Lava Jato investigation. The group also included the ex-Ministers of human rights from the PT government Nilmario Miranda and Rogerio Sotilli, as well as Fernando Henrique Cardoso’s ex-Minister Paulo Sergio Pinheiro. Read more at: http://www.pt.org.br/delegacao-de-direitos-humanos-visita-vigilia-lula-livre
- The #LulaLivre camp coordinators issued a public statement saying that, with the goal of improving the conditions for the campers, it is making a new location available, close to the Vigil and more adequate to protect the people from the Winter weather and rains typical of this time of year. Going against the collective decision of the organizations that make up the Vigil coordination, one group has decided on its own to remain in the current Marisa Leticia camp, exposing its people to the poor weather. Caravans that are coming into Curitiba should go directly to the Vigil, on Olga Benário square.
- On Friday, on a historic night, indigenous peoples, rubber tappers and members of organized civil society yelled, “good night President Lula” in homage of the greatest Brazilian popular leader, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who has been held as a political prisoner since April 7. The act was led by the National President of PT, Senator Gleisi Hoffmann (Paraná), the former Mayor of São Paulo Fernando Haddad, and Acre Governor Tião Viana.
- Sunday, May 20, is the date of the pilgrimage to Aparecida, “For Free Lula and for Peace in Brazil”. Social movements, unions and workers will walk to the Catholic sanctuary in Aparecida do Norte (São Paulo) to hold a protest in defense of Freedom for the ex-President of the Republic. The first concentration will be in the told of Roseira, in front of the Paineiras gas station by Dutra highway exit 81, on the side heading towards São Paulo, at 9 AM. The other group will leave Guaratinguetá at 11 AM, from behind the Usefaz school near exit 67 on Dutra highway, also on the side heading towards São Paulo. The event will join the numerous ecumenical protests that are asking for freedom for ex-president Lula.
- The #LulaLivre festival beings this saturday in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The event was organized by the Brazilian collective Midia Ninja, in partnership with unions, alternative media groups and artists collectives in Argentina, Uruguay, Bolivia and Venezuela. 50,000 people are expected to participate in the event.
- Clothing campaign! Help warm the struggle for democracy, for freedom for Lula and against arbitrary judicial manipulations. Donate jackets, socks, gloves and covers at the Lula Livre Vigil, on Olga Benário Square in front of the Federal Police headquarters in Curitiba (Paraná). To make a financial donation, visit the site: www.vigilialulalivre.pt.org.br
Bulletin 85 – Peoples Committee in Defense of Lula and Democracy
Curitiba – 5/19/2018 – 7:45 PM