Curitiba,Paraná, Brazil – 4/30/2018 – 7:10 PM
- Hundreds of activists participated in a Lula Livre Water Caravan in the Amazon Rainforest region today. The boats left the town of Iranduba, near Manaus, and traveled up the Solimões River to Paciencia Island. Before leaving Manaus for Iranduba, the activists made a “Good Morning Lula” yell, on the banks of the Amazon, the World’s largest river. See video from the historic event here:https://www.facebook.com/PtnoAmazonas/videos/1511290812314269/
- As evening arrived on Monday, April 30, the #LulaLivre camp was the of a big political act with the PT National President, Senator Gleisi Hoffmann, PT Senatorial leader Lindbergh Farias (Rio de Janeiro), Senator Vanessa Graziottin (PC do B – Amazonas), Congresswoman Margarida Salamão (PT-Minas Gerais), Congressmen Décio Lima (PT-Santa Catarina), Luiz Sergio (PT-Rio de Janeiro), Marco Maia (PT-Rio Grande do Sul), Marcon (PT-Rio Grande do Sul), Pedro Uczai (PT-Santa Catarina) and Waldenor Pereira (PT-Bahia) as well as City Councilwoman Juliana Cardoso from São Paulo.
- Our comrade Jeferson Lima de Menezes, shot during the fascist attack during early Saturday morning, has left intensive care and should be released soon and returning to the struggle!
- The preview showing of “O Processo” (the Process) by Maria Augusta Ramos, played to a full house at the Cinema for Democracy Festival in Curitiba, on Santos Andrade square. The documentary follows the stages of the coup which overthrew democratically elected President Dilma Rousseff. Before the showing social movement leaders, university professors, academics and parliamentarians sat on the steps of the Parana Federal University building (UFPR) and held a public debate.
- The special programming for May Day will start at 7:30 AM with transmission on the Lula Livre Radio Network, in an initiative which involves Brasil do Fato, Radio Brasil Atual (98.9 FM in São Paulo), the Workers Party (PT), the Landless Rural Workers Movement (MST), the Unified Workers Central union federation (CUT), the Legality Network, and the World Association of Community Radio Stations (AMARC). More details are available on the websites of the organizations involved in the project, which will also be broadcast in Spanish across Latin America.
Bulletin 57 – People’s Committee for the Defense of Lula and Democracy
Curitiba – 4/30/2018 – 7:10 PM