Bulletin 4 – Popular Committee in Defense of Lula and Democracy
Straight from São Bernardo do Campo- São Paulo, Brazil 4/7/2018
1. Lula received hundreds of visitors again last night. Comrades came from across the country to show their solidarity for him. This morning he woke up an had breakfast with his family.
2. At 9:30 AM he will go to a mass honoring his widow, Marisa Leticia, an activist who sewed the first Workers Party flag and who fought at Lula’s side for a more just and egalitarian Brazil for 43 years.
3. After the mass, there will be a music show with great artists who are also fighters for the Brazilian people: Leci Brandão, Maria Gadu, Flavio Renengado, Tulipa Ruiz, Xênia França, Aila, Thaide, Rico Dalasam, Fioti, Eduardo Brechó and others.
4. Last night (April 6), parliamentarians and political and union leaders in Argentina pressured the Macri Government to hold an urgent, extraordinary meeting of the South American Nation’s Union (Unasul) do discuss the crisis in Brazil caused by a rupture in democracy caused by the order for imprisonment of ex-president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, based on a fraudulent process without giving him the broad right to defense.
5. A delegation of parliamentarians and union leaders from Argentina are arriving in São Bernardo this morning to show their solidarity and strengthen the defense of democracy and Lula.
6. Rede Globo, the largest enemy of Brazilian democracy since it was created in 1965, speaks about legality as if it were a bastion of respect for the law, has repeatedly used – without authorization or even giving credit- images filmed by the Workers TV network (TVT) in its transmissions, especially on its GloboNews station. It has also used unauthorized images from alternative press outlets such as Midia Ninja.
Popular Committee in Defense of Lula and Democracy
Bulletin 4 – 07/04/2018 – 8h45